Abstract Submission Guidelines
We invite faculty and fellows in the Department of Anesthesia to submit partial or completed projects in the area of education, professional development and creative professional activities for our Faculty Development Day on Monday, November, 13th 2017. Presenting your abstract will not only allow you to share your work with the broader anesthesia community at the University of Toronto, but also serve as an excellent opportunity to obtain constructive feedback.
As in previous years, submissions will be reviewed and ranked. The top four abstracts submitted will be chosen for oral presentation. We encourage and welcome all other submissions to be presented in poster format.
You will be notified via email prior to the meeting whether your abstract has been selected for an oral presentation. The oral presentation should be no longer than 10 minutes in duration with six minutes of presentation time (six slides maximum) and a further four minutes reserved for Q&A.
Projects suitable for submission include, but are not limited to the following:
- Projects in education (undergraduate, postgraduate, continuing medical education, inter-professional education)
- Projects in faculty development: clinical protocols or pathways, practice reviews or surveys
- Innovations in teaching: lectures, group, web-based, etc.
- Research in education or professional development
- Patient safety and/or communications
- Quality improvement projects
- Projects in simulation/e-learning
Projects under development or those WITHOUT results are NOT eligible for submission. Please do not mention the name of your institution in the abstract to ensure blinding during the review process.
The abstract submission deadline is Friday, October 13, 2017. Please submit your using our online form.
Department of Anesthesia
University of Toronto
12th Floor, 123 Edward Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1E2