Resident Assessment and Evaluation
Royal College EPA Assessment (link)
EPA Mapping to Rotation and Site
Download the complete rotation map HERE
Transition To Discipline & Foundations of Discipline
Core of Discipline
Transition to Practice
ENTRUSTABLE PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITES (EPAs) EVALUATIONS
Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs) help determine a residents competency across multiple domains of clinical practice. Each stage of residency (in CBD program) has specific EPAs for residents to complete, determined by the Royal College.
Please note you need your UTORid to acces the information from the links below.
- COD - Core of Discipline
- FOD - Foundatios of Discipline
- TTD - Transition To Discipline
- TTP - Transition To Practice
- Issue #1 - Resident Assessments: EPA Update
- Issue #2 - Resident Assessment Dashboards
- Issue #3 - The Hidden Curriculum
Teaching That Counts: 7 Tips for Filling Out EPA Assessments
With medical education programs in Canada moving towards a competency-based medical education (CBME) framework, we are challenged to learn which ways this will shape how we teach and evaluate learners. Here we give you some quick tips on filling out EPA assessments in a way that is efficient and learner-centred.
CLINICAL ENCOUNTER ASEESSMENT (CEAs) EVALUATIONS
Clinical Encounter Assessments (CEAs) are daily assessments that capture performance metrics in three categories: clinical competences, knowledge and performance, CanMEDS roles.
e-Bulletins - Optimizing the Anesthesia Residency Program
NEWSLETTERS & OTHER EVALUATION RESOURCES
- Issue #1 - October 20, 2016 - Competence Based Medical Education
- Issue #2 - January 2017 - Assessment: Evaluations and EPAs
- Issue #3 - February 2017 - Clinical Encounter Assessment
- Issue #4 - November 2017 - Resident Assessment
The PGME Competence-Based Medical Education website is built to help support the implementation of CBME at the University of Toronto, including the Family Medicine's Triple C Curriculum, the Royal College's Competence by Design (CBD) and other innovative competency-based education initiatives.