Anwari V, Ng WCK, Mbadjeu Hondjeu AR, ..., Mashari, A. Development, manufacturing, and preliminary validation of a reusable half-face respirator during the COVID-19 pandemic. PLoS ONE 2021; 16(3): e0247575. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0247575
- Ng WCK, Mbadjeu-Hondjeu AR, Syrett AJ, ... Mashari A. Subject validation of reusable N95 stop-gap filtering facepiece respirators in COVID-19 pandemic. PLoS ONE 2020; 15(11):e0242304. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0242304
- Faraoni D, Ng WCK. Pro: Early Extubation After Pediatric Cardiac Surgery. J Cardiothor Vasc Anes 2020; 34(9):2539-41
- Shah AC, Ng WCK, Sinnott S, Cravero J. Population analysis of predictors of difficult intubation with direct laryngoscopy in pediatric patients with and without thyroid disease. J Anesth. 2018 Feb;32(1):54-6
- Minkovich, L. and Ng, W.C.K. 2017. Metabolism and Toxicity of Inhalational General Anesthetics (IGA). Encyclopedia of Drug Metabolism and Interactions. X:1–19. Ed. Lyubimov, A. Published by John Wiley and Sons Oct 26, 2017.
- Ng W, Carroll J, Djaiani G. Dose response study of intrathecal morphine for off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a pilot prospective randomized double-blinded controlled clinical trial. J Cardiol & Cardiovasc Ther 2017; 3(2): 555610.
- Ng W, Jerath A, Wasowicz M. Tranexamic acid: a clinical review. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2015; 47(4):339-50
William C.K. Ng
I’m a fellowship-trained pediatric (Boston Children’s Hospital & Sick Kids Hospital) and adult (Toronto General Hospital) cardiothoracic anesthesiologist with clinical and research interests in the perioperative outcomes of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and adult congenital heart disease patients undergoing cardiac and non-cardiac surgery. Most recently, I was a Faculty at UCSF, Benioff Children’s Hospital, Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Division, San Francisco.
At the 2020 juncture, I wish to collaborate with teams interested in the use of large databases in the predictive modeling using both classical learning and machine learning (I’m a data scientist fluent in R but a novice in Python).
In 2020, I became a Principal Investigator, with the University Health Network Advanced Perioperative Imaging Lab (APIL). In rapid response to COVID-19 in 2020, we led a multi-institutional collaborative across four universities and four teaching-hospitals in Ontario in a sprint project titled “Development, Validation, and Upscaling of Reusable 3D-printed N95 Masks for Ontario Frontline Workers as Stop-Gap Option in Response to Mask-Supply Disruption". Project Link: https://github.com/bachnwill/Reusable-N95-Project
I am also a practicing Anesthesiologist at SickKids in the Division of Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesia and Pain Management. For any Pediatric Anesthesia matters, please contact me at William.Ng@sickkids.ca