Academic Promotions Success!
The Department of Anesthesia is pleased to announce that all of our 13 candidates were approved for academic promotion as follows:
Promoted to the rank of Associate Professor:
- Angela Jerath (UHN-Toronto General Hospital)
- Anuj Bhatia (UHN-Toronto Western Hospital)
- Conor McDonnell (Hospital for Sick Children)
- Elaine Ng (Hospital for Sick Children)
- Eric You-Ten (Sinai Health System)
- Faraj Abdallah (St. Michael’s Hospital)
- Hossam El-Beheiry (Trillium Health Partners)
- Irene McGhee (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
- Jason Maynes (Hospital for Sick Children)
- Naveed Siddiqui (Sinai Health System)
Promoted to the rank of Professor:
- Mark Crawford (Hospital for Sick Children)
- Matt Kurrek (The Scarborough Hospital)
- Patricia Murphy (UHN-Toronto General Hospital)
These promotions reflect the outstanding academic contributions of the promoted individuals, and by extension, of each of the hospital departments.
Please join us in congratulating those who were promoted, and their colleagues, as well as the department promotions committee (Drs. Brull, Chung, Laffey, Levine, Mazer, Orser, Tarshis and Wassermann) for their expertise and effort during the promotions application process.