Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, March 15, 2019
- Download ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM
- Complete online application form and remember to attach the abstract submission form
An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
Headings should include: background, methods, results, conclusions.
- Maximum 2500 characters (approximately 400 words).
- Single graph or table (will not add to the word count), include in abstract submission form.
- Header must include Principal Investigator’s name and title of proposal.
- Briefly describe the objectives of the study. State findings in details sufficient to support conclusions.
- Use generic drug names.
- REB approval of study must be noted where relevant.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be paced in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- All trainees (residents, fellows and graduate students) affiliated with the Department of Anesthesia are encouraged to submit one or several projects. Research assistants/coordinators are invited to submit their work which will be considered for poster presentation only. Faculty are not eligible for submission.
- The highest scoring abstracts for each category – clinical research, basic science and education will be presented as oral presentations and the others as posters.
Note: Multiple submissions are allowed; however, only one abstract will be accepted due to the high volume of submission
Please note that the abstract booklet will be available online.